1. What is Service of Process?  Service of process is the act of notifying every party in a case when someone takes actions against them in a court according to the United States legal procedure of Due Process of Law.It is crucial that cases that are filed in a state must be served according to rules of that particular state. In essence, a lawsuit filed in Arizona must be served according to the civil procedures of the State of Arizona.Therefore, people having a case in court receive notifications when there are court procedures such as subpoenas, complaints, summons, order to show cause, and writs about them or actions are taken against them.


  1. Who can serve papers?  According to the rules in Arizona, a licensed office of the Superior Court or a Sheriff Deputy must perform all Service of Process. Licensed officers of the Superior Court are also referred to as Private Process Servers.


  1. What does a Licensed Officer Do?  A Licensed Officer, also called a private process server serves or delivers legal documents to all the parties listed on the legal document being delivered. Having delivered the documents, a Proof of Service also called an Affidavit of Service is prepared and given to the party that demanded the service.


  1. Can the service papers be delivered by mail, fax, or email?  Copies of the papers of service can be served via mail, email, or fax after the court has signed them.


  1. How soon can the service papers be received?  The bulk of the documents are served within 5 days of receipt. All papers are important, but there are times when some papers are more important due to a special location or time, unusual circumstances, the short time frame to serve, etc. Meanwhile, these papers attract additional fees. If you choose our Expedited delivery services we will begin serving your papers within 24 hours of receiving your payment.


  1. Are there limitations regarding where the defendant can be served? There are no restrictions; documents can be served anytime and anywhere. Arizona does not place any limits on when service can be attempted. Consequently, we can serve your document anywhere, anytime except on Indian Reservations.


  1. When the supposed recipient is evasive or cannot be found, what next? If the recipient is avoiding service or the standard service methods are not practical, you can file an order requesting for an alternating process of service with the court. The judge will stipulate the procedure to get in executive the service to the court’s satisfaction.Besides, several documents can be served by Substitute Service that permits leaving the documents with an individual with suitable discretion at the person’s residence.


  1. Can a process server file my papers with the court?  The initial pleadings with the court must be done by you because of the Court’s payment requirements. But we can file the Process if Service with the court on your behalf.


  1. What if the recipient rejects the papers?  It is not mandatory that they accept service to be considered valid. If the defendant, the recipient, comes to the door but rejects the papers, the process server may leave the papers at their feet and leave.


  1. Do I need a process server?  Yes, you need a process server. The law requires that you use a licensed process server in Arizona for service to be valid.Before proceeding with a court case, it is crucial to hire a Legal Process Server. Process servers are experienced in serving legal documents in a timely and affordable manner and serve them according to the state’s process serving laws.The rules of service process involve many requirements. A person who is involved in the case or legal proceedings cannot serve the papers.If a service is not done in compliance with these rules, it can hinder the progress of the case or lead to the dismissal of the case. Improper Service can also delay the obtainment of evidence and cause injunctions, attorney’s fees, and court fees.To save your case and ensure that the papers are appropriately served, pay a nominal fee to a professional process server.


  1. Is it required that a process server is licensed?  Not all states require that a process server is licensed, but some states demand that they are registered in the state or appointed to serve. The states that require a process serving license include Alaska, Arizona, California, Illinois, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Texas.


  1. What is a Certificate of Service, Affidavit of Service, and Proof of Service?  A Certificate of Service is also known as a Proof of Service or an Affidavit of Service. It is a signed document given to you by your process server after serving your documents.The certificate indicates when, where, and who was served. Other types of affidavits that can be provided to you include a Certificate or an Affidavit of Due Diligence when the defendant, the recipient cannot be served.